Saturday, July 5, 2014

What if?

Lately I have been pondering about positive self image and wondering if loving myself at any size could be possible?   For years and years I have been fat shaming myself.  Knit  picking at all the things I hate about my body but forgetting all the things my body has done for me over the years.  Whether it is playing sports, yoga , walking or running.  Maybe if I didn't focus or obsess over my thunder thighs, cellulite butt,  my crowded teeth or my double chin maybe  I wouldn't consume large amounts of food to comfort me when I am feeling  down about the way I look or disappointed when the scale is not going the right way.   What if I accepted every part of me the way I am at this very moment?  Maybe then, I would stop abusing my body by binge eating. 


4 comments:

  1. Hi..
    I am thinking like that as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. {{hugs}} You have to love yourself...no matter what !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gahhhh it looks like my first comment didn't get posted!! :(

    Since having our kids, I've learned to start being more positive about myself (they learn self esteem from their parents!). I don't want them to inherit my body-shaming tendencies. While I still don't think much of my appearance, I've learned that I helped my self esteem a LOT by not saying my insecurities out loud. No more "I'm so fat" or "I hate my arms". I just shut up and it actually helps.

    Also try focusing on what you love about your body .. Every positive piece of mindset helps! :)

    Xoxo Laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awareness is the first step , .... I've had a Ah!Ah! moment the last few months ,,,the reason most diets haven't work for me is that I'm treating the symptom (overeating)rather than the cause anxiety. I have an anxiety issue (emotions -sad, angry-overwhelmed-happy )triggers overeating for me. I've been reading the Louise Hay books ....and I'd like to share one of her affirmations . : "I love and approve of myself and I trust the process of life. I am safe. " As I was writing this affirmation I was wondering what emotion you felt when you read this affirmation. MomQ.

    ReplyDelete

joylynnquinn@hotmail.com