Monday, January 2, 2012

Reflection

In order to move forward in life, sometimes you need to look back and reflect on the past to see how how far you have come.  In this post I want go back two year ago to where it all started. 

(Two years ago)

Two years ago I was very uncomfortable about my body nothing was fitting me properly and It was getting harder and harder to find clothes that actually looked good or fit.  

I can also remember going  to the movies with Rob and I had to squeeze myself in the chair, the arm rests were too small  it was very uncomfortable.  To be honest any chair that had an arm rest I had to squeeze into.

My friends and I went to see a concert in Montreal and before hand we went shopping. I wasn't able to fit into anything and it made me realize that I was different it was very depressing and made me feel very fat!  

I  still a sweat alot but when I was heavier especially at work I would be very sweaty just walking around. 

Two years ago I was in denial of my eating binges and looking back it was pretty bad.  I can't guarantee I won't have another binge but at least I am aware of now.  Stress, depression and the feeling of being out of control are my triggers.

When going out to the club with friends or  really anywhere I never got checked out by men. I was always told if you just lost weight you would be gorgeous.  Blah so annoying and an awful thing to say.  

Now

I have way more options for clothing stores.  Before it was only two stores I could shop at and now I can pretty much go anywhere for shirts.  I am still plus size on the bottom but I am getting closer to being out of it!!!   

I have no problems with arm chairs anymore I did have a moment about a year back when I realized I could just sit in a movie theatre chair and not have to squeeze myself in it.  It has been a highlight of my weight loss.  

Now when  I walk, I feel lighter and move faster.   Even my friends noticed. 

Now when I go out to the bars or stores I find men looking at me.   Maybe it is because I feel more confident or  because I look better lol !  I have a boyfriend I am not looking for a man but it nice to feel noticed and to have drinks bought for you.  I never experienced that before. 

I still have body issues but I am trying to focus on the things I do like about my body.  I am proud to say I feel fit.   I still have a ways to go but I want to enjoy the ride and not just focus on the finish line. 

What things have you notice about your weight loss?

This week I went to the gym 5 times and burned 1500 calories.  Weight in day and measurement are tomorrow.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

joylynnquinn@hotmail.com