Sunday, September 9, 2012

NYC Trip

It has been such a busy and wonderful week.  Rob and I went to NYC for three days.  It was a little nuts!  We drove 16 hours round trip, walked countless hours and saw our very first NFL game.   
 
 I truly love travelling with Rob we really enjoy doing the same things.  We really only had two days to tour the grand city but we did has much as we could.  On the first day we went to Times Square,  toured the wax museum, walked through the beautiful Central Park and saw The Rockfeller Center. 
 
On the second day we walked across the Brooklyn Bridge which was one of the most beautiful walks I have ever taken.  We also went to the Financial District and saw the 9/11 Memorial Site which almost brought me to tears.  (The energy there was just so sad)  We strolled in a park along the water (I can't remember the name of it)  but we could see the Statue of Liberty.  Then we hopped on a subway to Canal st. and did a bit of shopping and ate the most delicious piece of pizza.  (I'm sure it was a lot of points but it was worth it!)     Then we headed back to the hotel to relax for an hour and then got into a  cab to The MetLife Stadium to watch The Giants vs Dallas.  For those of you who don't know Rob he is a HUGE Giants fan and this was a dream come true for him.   He has been a fan since the young age of 9 (He is 36 now).  We even have a Giants Room at home lol.   I never in my life saw Sports Fans like I did that day.  It was a site to see and a day I will never forget.  Even if The Giants lost :(  
 
When we first arrived I was committed to logging all my food but sadly the Wi-Fi wasn't working at the hotel which was frustrating.  I did indulge a bit but I really tried to make healthy choices minus the pizza we had ;)  I did however get back on track on Friday and started to enter all my food.  
 
A few things I noticed about The States Vs. Canada pertaining to food
 
1.  The food portions are HUGE compared to The Canadian standards
2.  When you are ordering at a fast food chain the calories content is right on the board compared to having a nutrition board
3.  Food is really cheap except at The MetLife Stadium
4.  You can ask for your hamburger to be cooked the way you like it (In Canada that is a big no-no it has to be cook well done)
 
Here is a few pictures of our trip.
 
Wax Museum

Wax Museum

Central Park

Central Park

Times Square
Brooklyn Bridge Amazing View!

Heading out to the big game
Our view from the stands





 
 
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great time! You have the right idea- just get back on track this week with journaling your food. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful trip! Very interesting observations about the differences between the two countries food habits.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that looks like SO much fun!! I really enjoyed your trip report, and also the comparisons between American and Canadian food options!

    ReplyDelete

joylynnquinn@hotmail.com