I have lost 26.5 pounds since April 1st. This is something to celebrated. Here are a few of my tips and favorite things that have gotten me this far.
I am not exactly sure when I started "The Gym Jar" sometime in March I think? Every time I work out I put a dollar in it. Once I reach a $100 or more I am going to treat myself to a new outfit. I was curious to see how much I had so far and to date I have $61! That's a lot of blood, sweat and tears! I found this idea on pinterest.
|This is the gym jar I made myself|
Last summer Courtney Crozier had a summer challenge and every week she would have a new challenge whether it was mental, physical or something to do with nutrition. This got me to thinking about having my own monthly Challenges. I started it last September and every month since then. In July my challenge was to not eat any fast food except Subway and to workout four times a week. Here's how I did. The app is called Streak and I absolutely love it.
16 work outs for the Month I always go stronger at the end of the month.
This months challenge is to eat a salad everyday for either Lunch or Dinner. It might sound easy but I am not a big fan of vegetables. I think this will be a great way to get my greens in.
PRODUCTS I LOVE RIGHT NOW!
Awhile ago Jen from priorfatgirl.com posted that that she found this new app called Fit Radio. I was getting bored of Songza so I thought I would give it a try. If you love DJ mixes I highly recommend it. It's free so what do you have to lose!
Have you tried Pop chips??? They are my favorite! I have been telling everyone I know to give them a try. They are all natural and low in calories it's great when you are having a chip craving. BBQ is my favorite and no I don't work for this company lol I buy the little serving size bags from Costco and keep them in my truck to avoid eating too many.
I have gained a couple of pounds in the last couple of weeks. I wanted to post a few things about my NSV (non scale victory's)
1. Customers at work have commented on my weight loss.
2. It's been a long time since I have been able to do this! Especially without using a wall to balance myself.
3. I am faster at playing sports such as tennis and racquetball. Running has also help with this.
4. All my clothes that where too tight are fitting or getting too loose. I need to buy some new underwear they are falling off of me lol
5. I went to a clothing store to try on some new outfits and I wasn't disgusted by my reflection. Its been a long time since I have felt that way or even ever! Running has really leaned me out.
6. I am starting to see my collarbones and I can feel my shoulder blades and my hip bones!
I hope all my Canadian friends have a great long weekend! I will be camping and hoping to get a hike in as well.
Thanks for reading :)